Walgreens and AmerisourceBergen: $6.5 Billion Alliance Health Deal
… Walgreens Boots Alliance Spins Off Alliance Health Wholesale Business Unit For $65. Billion …

$6.5 Billion: Walgreens And AmerisourceBergen Deal

Walgreens sells majority stake of its Alliance Healthcare business unit to AmerisourceBergen

John G. Baresky

Alliance Healthcare is part of the original Alliance Boots organization acquired by Walgreen Co.

Alliance Healthcare is a major healthcare supply chain company based in Brooklands Weybridge, UK. It is a legacy enterprise of Alliance Boots, Inc. with origins dating back to 1896 in The Netherlands. Over a 2-year process, Walgreens acquired a 45 percent stake in Switzerland-based Alliance Boots for $6.7 billion in 2012 and in 2014 bought the remaining 55 percent for $15.3 billion.

Alliance Healthcare is a diversified organization

The Alliance Healthcare division of WBA operates primarily in the UK. Its services are comprised of :

  • Healthcare data analytics
  • Pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, supplies wholesaling
  • Pharmacy services
  • Product launch and product recall support
  • Supply chain logistics
  • Hospitals
  • Pharmacies
  • Physician offices

AmerisourceBergen is a multifaceted worldwide supply chain leader

The acquisition of Alliance Health by AmerisourceBergen enlarges their already enormous global healthcare wholesale and distribution business. The deal gives them a solid position in the UK market and augments their MWI Animal Health U.K. veterinarian unit.

  • Hospital and health systems
  • Medical device and diagnostics manufacturers
  • Medical groups, physician practices
  • Consumer and patient care supplies
  • Retail, mail order and specialty pharmacies
  • Veterinarian and animal health enterprises

Walgreens Boots Alliance continues its corporate transformation

Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Walgreens has orchestrated a significant remake beginning in 2019 of its internal operations while augmenting its commercial business initiatives through an array of strategic partnerships and executive leadership hirings.

Walgreens has big plans for 2021

Walgreens has always been an innovative leader in pharmacy, consumer healthcare and technology. Founded in 1901, it generated over $136 billion in annual sales during 2019 and its stock has paid a dividend for over 80 years.

Authentic, fact-based healthcare content marketing writing for medical, business, academic, patient and consumer audiences https://www.BareSkyMarketing.com/